Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm Still Living

Too tired. Too busy.

QUICK update... My son had a gastric emptying study done Friday. I thought they'd call with results today, but so far I've heard nothing. I'll let you know if they find anything.

I started student teaching on Jan. 4. I really enjoy it but I'm soooo worn out. 4-5 months to graduation!

My MIL had an abaya made for me! My SIL sent her my measurements and she sent it to America with my husband's cousin. (he had gone to KSA over x-mas break)

I haven't seen it yet because his cousin still has it. I'm excited, though. :)



I'm going to go fall asleep in the bathtub now! Hoorah. :)

10 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

Yayyyy your alive. That's always a positive thing to hear. Inshallah the results for your son turn out to be ok!
You are teaching? Whattt? What exactly are you going to college for?

All my sisterly love!
~AlabasterMuslim

Stacy K. said...

So excited for your student teaching! I'm sure you'll feel better after graduating since you can finally live with your hubby. I hope things go well for all of you in these last few mos. of school.
Are you planning to work full-time once you're done?

WhiteOrchid said...

hope u're son will be okay inshallah ! :)

Banana Anne said...

Glad to see you're back!

Insha'Allah everything will be okay with your son.

Yay for new abayas!! :)

Susanne said...

Ah, I wondered where you were! Glad student teaching is going well for you. I imagine it IS so tiring! Please keep us updated on your son. Hope you enjoyed the nice bath.:)

Nikki said...

@ Alabaster - sorry for the late, late, reply...
I will graduate in MAY (as in this May, unbelievable) with a B.S. in Elementary Education, a minor in Reading, a minor in English as a Second Language, and a TESOL certificate. My last semester (this one) I have one online class (with a giant portfolio due at the end) but no classes on campus. I have two teaching placements, second grade for two months and fifth grade for two months. I pick up one subject a week so that by the end of the two months I will be teaching at least two weeks entirely on my own. Right now I love, love, love it... fifth grade might be a different story, though.

Love, love, love!
Nikki

Nikki said...

@ Stacy - I don't want to teach full time after I graduate, because right now it's -killing- me being away from my son from 7:30-3:30 M-F. I don't see that I have much choice, though, because I need insurance, and my husband's still in school so he won't have a job with coverage for me. :/

It's all a real mess. Especially with our son's GI problems and the fact that my parents think my mom's the only person qualified to watch him. If I don't get a job nearby, I don't know how I could get him to my mom's house before needing to be at work.

Nikki said...

@ Susanne- I ended up taking a shower to get to bed sooner :/ but thanks, lol. Student teaching is tiring, but sometimes I find myself actually missing the kids on weekends. Guess that means i find it rewarding.

I'll try not to disappear for so long again. :)

Nikki said...

@ Banana Anne - yes, yay! for new abayas. I've never had one before...and I don't know about ones you'd buy here in the states, but the fabric on this one from KSA is SO light that it is honestly much cooler and more comfortable than the layers I've been wearing. (My SIL keeps her apartment between 75-80...it's stifling in hijab).

I'm still not comfortable wearing it out to like, the mall, but to walk down the block to my SIL's apartment it is absolutely perfect.

Stacy K. said...

Oh, I can hardly imagine how rough that must be :-(
I hope that your mom is still able to watch him and that your relationship with your parents improves.