Thursday, June 23, 2011

Does Anyone Want

to buy my old slutty prom dress?

Yeah.  Didn't think so. 

A friend offered to buy it for a military ball she's attending in November.  I was sooo excited to be getting $100 even if the dress cost almost $400 initially.  But her husband said it was too expensive.

Problem is, would a 2006 prom dress even still be in style?  Should I just give it to her for less to have some cash and get it off my hands?  Hmmm.  It's a ridiculous dress.  I loooooved it my senior year, but now I wish I had bought something more classic that I could potentially wear again.  Nope.  Pink frills.  Long train.  High slit.  laced (as in lace up, not made of lace) back, strapless, sheer bodice, boned corset, beads, sequins, embroidery.....  it was like every idea that ever popped into a dress makers head was thrown into this one dress.  I can't believe my parents bought it for me.

My friend apparently thinks it is the perfect dress to wear in Vegas (and she's probably right).  She's pregnant, due in Sept. and thinks she can wear a size 6 boned (sheer, as in see through) corset strapless gown in November.  Wishful thinking?  Eh, I'm not going to tell her if there's still a possibility of selling this thing.  My parents said not to take less than $100, but I've already lowered it to $90.  At one point I thought to keep it for sentimental reasons, but now I could use the money, and I don't really think my husband enjoys the reminder of my "romantic" evening with another guy.  (and no, my prom experience was not particularly romantic, but it does not matter to hubby)

What do you think?  A dress originally $340-390 (I don't remember exactly), worn twice and hanging ever since (never smashed into a box or stuffed in a closet) selling for $90? Should I just forget my friend (not rudely, as in tell her I cannot lower the price further) and try on ebay?  I doubt it would sell with prom season over.  It's not really a good pageant dress.

Ugh.  Why am I blogging about this?  I'm not sure.  Just talking to myself, I guess.

3 comments:

ellen557 said...

Ohhh keep the $100 lol! I was thinking of selling my wedding dress (not anymore but anyway) and I would sell it for only $50 less than I bought it for, definitely. You paid a lot for it and should definitely get at least a portion of that back! Why not try it on ebay and also let your friend know that you'd like $100 for it? You could throw in some shoes or hair accessories lol?

Candice said...

If everyone is happy with 100$ then it's all good! It's not a rip off from you or anything and you shouldn't feel bad.

misschatterbox said...

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase oh pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase post a photo of this dress!! I am trying so hard to imagine it and failing badly ..

"Pink frills. Long train. High slit. laced (as in lace up, not made of lace) back, strapless, sheer bodice, boned corset, beads, sequins, embroidery..... "

One word: EPIC!