The USCIS is 100% inept, not concerned with the welfare of its' citizens, citizens to be, or residents, and...
can kiss my ass.
I am so mad right now. I feel like burning something down. In high school I used to joke about burning the school down, but any issue I had with my school pales in comparison to the wrong the USCIS has done.
Hate. Hate. Hate. Is all I feel.
We passed our immigration interview in early April. We received a notification that the green card should be arriving in a few weeks. No card ever arrived. We called multiple times and were finally told that the card was mailed, must have been "lost" in the mail (although our internet status STILL shows the card as never having been mailed) and that we'd have to submit a new application along with $450 additional dollars (in addition to the upwards of $2000 already submitted), for a mistake that IS IN NO PART OURS.
We were told we could check with the post office, in August, on where it might be. But were given no tracking number. That doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
In September we filed again, but filed as having "never received the card" which does not require payment. A response from the September application did not come until TODAY. A denial. Because we were "mailed a card." They now suddenly provide us with a tracking number (Which was never offered...and I think was even denied existence, before). Of course it's too late to track it now. We tried online to no avail. I will call the post office tomorrow but it's probably a lost cause. And if THEY have a tracking number, how did THEY allow it to get lost!? What the %$@#!
Now we have to apply again, pay the $450 f-ing dollars that we don't have (we barely pay all our bills) and wait another 3+ months to see if this fiasco can finally resolve. My husband could graduate this summer, but is holding off because if he doesn't have the card, he can't graduate (he'd be made to leave/couldn't find a job, etc.).
Have I mentioned I'm angry? I'm tempted to get an attorney involved (we had an attorney through the whole application process, which is why it cost so much), but I don't want to pay $200 an hour to save $450...because I feel there's really nothing even they can do against the U.S. government.
AGH!! That's the sound of me screaming while banging my head against a wall.
6 comments:
I'm sorry dear. That is super awful. I hope it works out soon.
You may want a lawyer. My case was a nightmare so it was worth 1000K to just let her deal with it. At least pay for a sit down chat with a laywer- maybe 100-150 They should be able to tell you if you need them or not.
Omg that's horrible!
Yes, it's horrible and it just got worse after checking with the post office. They said that the tracking number they gave us does not exist, and has NEVER existed. They assured me 100% that even if it was from April they could still pull it up in the system. So now I just feel lied to. We have gotten the attorney involved again and I even emailed our congressman hoping he could expedite the process. It's simply ridiculous that a government agency could be so incompetent.
Oh wow!! I am so so sorry you are having to deal with this. I know it's already stressful enough without having to play hide and seek with his green card. Please keep us updated and let us know what happens. Did he get a temporary card at the beginning of the whole process. He should still be able to graduate just fine without having to leave the country.
That is absolutely horrible, awful, unbelievable. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, and I hope it gets sorted. How unfair :(
Post a Comment