Sunday, February 7, 2010

Random

I don't have pierced ears.

I never really wanted pierced ears.



And now I'm seeing all of these beautiful earrings and thinking, "hmm, it might be nice to have pierced ears."


BUT, as a hijabi in training, lol, and insha'Allah a full time hijabi soon....I feel pierced ears are a bit pointless. With a 15 month old son, I'm much more likely to be wearing sweats and a hoodie around the house than a dress and earrings. When hubby and I do get time alone together, well, clothing isn't really a concern if you get my drift.


I probably will never get it done. Just a passing thought, I guess.

11 comments:

Stacy K. said...

You can just get some really cool hijab pins instead :-)

Anonymous said...

You could always wear studs under the hijab to keep the holes open ... and then wear nicer ones for your hubby. Just a thought. ;)

Baji said...

get 'em pierced! and u dont have to wear big earrings (i don't) you can just wear tiny studs or other short earrings. long time ago, my cousin brought to light how even a tiny pair of earrings can change ur whole look and even wearing pajamas all day in the house, if u have on just studs it kinda makes u look/feel better. lol...eh do what u want lol

Candice said...

I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby, so it's just part of me. I wear earrings all the time that I never take off and it's not something I ever think about. I guess it doesn't bring me anything in the end, but sometimes it's fun to do a little something for yourself (that your husband would probably enjoy as well, even if it's not necessary really!).

Give yourself a couple weeks to get over it and if you aren't, maybe you should give yourself a treat of ear piercings and a nice pair of earrings to put in once it's healed :)

AlabasterMuslim said...

Lol. yeah clothes in never really an issue. At the same time, its great you can wear w/e you want. Not like when your younger and think boys might care. (or at least that was in my case). But you should totally get your ears pierced! You'll be wearing studs for a while anyway, and when you want to dress up even if its very rare, you'll get to wear some beautiful earrings!! i loveeeee dangly earrings.
hehe awww your a hijabi in training, so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaikom,
I've found that since I started wearing hijab full time, I never wear any of my earrings, evah. But they've been pierced so long the holes stay open. I couldn't imagine trying to heal earrings while wearing hijab full time... I can imagine it would irritate the heck out of the wounds depending on how you style your scarf...

Amanda said...

Salaam! I see you've recently become a follower of my blog. I don't discuss Islam too much on it because people get kinda crazy and judgmental so I keep it between me and Allah and blog mainly about life in general. Anywho, welcome and thanks for following.

Anyway, about he pierced ears. I feel you. I actually had mine pierced 7 times in each ear growing up (and an eyebrow piercing) and now I wear none of those. All that's left are a bunch of ugly holes in my ears. Luckily they never really show though since I'm in hijab all the time. I've seen girls wear dangly earring with hijab while somehow keeping their ears completely covered. Not sure how they do it!

Anonymous said...

I am the same. I never got my ears pierced. People always gape at me when they find out, like they have never heard of this strange concept before. lol. But I don't think I will pierce them, since I just don't have any motivation to and nobody will see them anyway.

@Stacy- I agree!

Twizzle said...

he he he I don't have my ears pierced either and I have been tempted by pretty earrings.

my husband and I went to Germany and Austria last July and I ended up buying several pairs of pretty earrings.... and do you think I have gotten my ears pierced yet? nope I haven't!!!

I just got reminded about them again since I spaced out about it yet again from your post LOL

Nikki said...

After posting this I decided that it wasn't important enough to me to bother with, lol.

I have enough things to waste my money on without the added temptation of beautiful earrings. :)

caraboska said...

There are two ways to wear dangly earrings with hijab: one is to put the hijab on first, then insert them through the hijab (this is what I myself do), and the other is to put the earrings on first, then tie the hijab around them in such a way that your ears don't show. The girl who writes Slice of Lemon uses this method and has a video tutorial on her blog of how to achieve the look.

http://sliceoflemon.com/the-closet/2009/03/30/the-closet-hijab-with-earrings-yup-its-a-how-to/