Sunday, May 23, 2010

HOT

It's definitely 90 degrees farenheit* here today...

and it definitely sucks.


I have to be outside because it's my sister's fiance's graduation party (from 4-9....i might die if we don't leave early).

I don't even wear hijab with my family yet, so I'm wearing a maxi dress with a cropped cardigan that is 3/4 sleeves. Unfortunately, the dress needs a slip and the cardigan is not loose so there's not a lot of air flow.

I can't imagine what today would feel like with a hijab and full length sleeves added to my ensemble. It really is just a nasty nasty humid day. I start sweating immediately upon walking out the door.

I am comforted to realize that even the almost naked girls are hot, as well. On days like this, you're hot no matter what. I think we're just conditioned to think that less clothing means we're more comfortable in the heat.


* 90 degrees F is equivalent to 32.2 degrees celcius.

5 comments:

Stacy K. said...

At least you won't come out with a sunburn!

Anonymous said...

Yea, that always makes me wonder about my hijabi sisters on the equator with year round 90 degrees and high humidity...

Mimisha said...

Here ( Cairo) it had been around 116F 1 week ago n i just stayed in the house until maghrib time :)
I think its now about 90F and pretty acceptable as long as u dont go out in the hottest hours

Muslim&Proud said...

i found the it's the humidity that kills you. in cairo it was hot but bearable because no humidity, i came out looking like a red raccoon (sunburn)

and don't worry you'll get used to it. if you wear light covers that breath, i noticed it is actually better because you're not getting the UV.

have a good time until i comment next lol

Irie said...

I live in the Southern U.S., and it's hot!! It's unbelievably hot. It was at least 90F today, and humidity is always a factor.

I'm headed to California for summer, and since no one knows me there, I figured it'd be a perfect time to start wearing hijab...but I'm worried about the heat. And scared about coming home in hijab to the people I know and love.