Noorart is having a huge online sale to make room for new inventory. I got a whole Arabic curriculum (6 levels, 1 textbook per level) for my son to support his bilingualism for FREE. Yes, shipping was kind of costly for 6 textbooks ($15) but still, the books were FREE because they're old editions. Everyone knows they change like one paragraph or the preface or something and call it a "new" edition just to make more money, though. So I'm sure they won't be obsolete because they're from *gasp!* 2007, lol.
I also bought some cute children's books on grandparents overseas for my son since he's yet to actually meet his father's parents. They are coming this summer insha'Allah to stay with us for about 2 months. I can't wait for my husbands mother to finally get to hold her grandbaby (who is a toddler now, but still cuddly :)
It's 1 in the morning and I could be called at 7 in the morning to substitute teach. I hope not. :/
Goodnight!
2 comments:
That must be exciting to have your in-laws coming!! Have you met them before? Inshallah you all have a good time :D
Did they call you to sub?
I have only ever met my inlaws through skype before, so I'm definitely looking forward to getting to spend REAL time together this summer. Also, my husband's 13 year old sister will be staying with us as well for those two months. His other sister lives next door, and his brother may be coming to the US for university next year, so it looks like I'll be meeting the whole family soon, insha'Allah! They are so excited to get to see their two grandchildren. They've never met our son in person, and my SIL's daughter was in Saudi last summer, but she's almost a year old now so has grown so much since then.
And, yes, they did call me to sub.... after saying I need money for this and this you'd think I'd be happy to make $65 dollars. It was a rough day, though, because I was in the functional room, which is where the severely disabled students are. Luckily I wasn't alone. It was a pretty heartbreaking day. :/
Post a Comment