We moved our stuff out of our apartment 12/29/10. We lived in our brother-in-law's apartment until 1-8-10. We lived in our new Kentucky home until 1-10-10. And now I'm living back at my parents until 1-19-10.
My son is totally confused about where we live. I am tired of living out of a suitcase. I never imagined it would be close to a month after beginning to move before we were actually able to settle in. We were starting to settle, but my dad called on the 10th with the shocking (and heartbreaking) news that my uncle had died of a heart attack. So, my husband, God bless him, drove me four hours super late at night so that I could be with my family as we mourn. He drove the four hours back the following day for school. He tried his best to make it back for the funeral but it just didn't work out.
How is it one day you're alive and well, and the next day you're not? I think of my uncle at Christmas and on New Year's Eve, how full of life and whitty/racist remarks he was...and then I think of him at the funeral home. There in body, but not really there at all. Not really there at all.
May Allah have mercy on his soul. He certainly didn't consider himself a religious man, but he was a kind soul who did more for others than he ever did for himself. I don't know where he is now, but I pray he's at peace.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle. How sad. :(
i'm so sorry for your loss, sweetie. i was wondering about how you were doing with the big move. i hope that things calm down for you soon and that you can have some peace. all my love to you and your family.
Post a Comment