Friday, April 15, 2011

A Conversation

Scene:  Me, sitting on the floor in a low cut black shirt with sequined neckline and hot pink capris, using my laptop.  Husband, sitting on couch in p.j.'s using his ipad.

Husband:  Raises eyebrows suggestively.  "You are looking good. to.day!"

Me:  "Thanks."

Husband:  "Wait, aren't you fasting today?"

Me:  "Yes."

Husband:  "Then why the heck are you dressed that way!  Put on something ugly like you usually wear!"


Hee hee.  I love it.  I take offense that he calls my high school t-shirts and sweatpants ugly, lol, but I found the conversation really funny.  When I got dressed this morning, I was just trying to find something to go with the comfy pink capris without emptying the whole drawer.  This was the shirt on top...  He seems to think I go through a much greater thought process when getting dressed in the morning. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BY THE WAY!!!!  Our immigration interview was Monday and hubby's permanent residency card should be arriving within 3 weeks!!  Alhumdullilah, alhumdullilah!!!!!  We'll have to renew in two years, of course, but this is fantastic!

3 comments:

Susanne said...

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa! love that "wait" part! Too funny!

Muslim&Proud said...

haahaa anything that shows some skin is automatically looking good to them. men. lol

Nikki said...

yeah, I just thought it was hilarious. I'm fasting again tomorrow (have a lot of days to make up from breastfeeding before this Ramadan) so will try my best to look less attractive! ;)