Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Big Ideas

I've been online getting all kinds of ideas for making Ramadan special.  I want to start early so that everything's ready.  I plan on making a Ramadan advent calendar and a number of tin can luminaries (probably use led tea lights since my son's so young) with moon and stars designs or Arabic calligraphy.  Looking online there is really so little out there.  I found one Ramadan advent calemdar that was over $30...really!? 

If all goes well and my items turn out looking good and don't cost too much, I may open an etsy shop to sell Ramadan/Eid decorations so that others like me who have less time can purchase inexpensive but nice looking decorations.  Do you think there's a market?

3 comments:

neco said...

please, please, please do it! i adore etsy and am always looking for new arabic and/or islamic things on there. mothwritten, waafia, and muslamb are three of my favorite sellers (although mothwritten and waafia are both on hiatus now, which makes me so sad! waafia is making our nikah certificate though, which thrills me). please do it, i think there is definitely a market...and part of it is right here! :-)

Nikki said...

Thanks, Nicole! I've pushed ahead with the idea, buying a ton of craft stuff today to try and see what I can come up with. I tend to start projects (scrapbooks, crocheted scarves and blankets, etc.) and never finish them...so insha'Allah I stick with it and this becomes a reality!

CATGIRL !! said...

nice Islamic blog..wud love to keep in touch


Hey dear! am a blogger from Pakistan. Honestly just browsing through good blogs to find smart writers like you to talk to me on various issues. Nice blog outlook and interesting write-ups. I write on relationships mostly as well as some funny stuff.
I hope u can be a follower if u like my blog? And don’t forget to comment please !! Click on this blog The Emotional Lava
Best of Luck for ur blogging.