So I'm supposed to fly on a plane, for the first time EVER, next Friday to go see my husband. It's a 2 hour nonstop flight so I figure it's a good one to start with. We can't really afford it but we haven't seen each other in a month so... we'll make it work? I'm a bit down because I just checked airline prices. We can't buy the tickets until Friday (payday), but the tickets are already about $100 more than when I checked on Wednesday. For the EXACT same flights, of course. Grr.
I can't wait to see him, though. <3 My second flight EVER will follow soon after on Sunday. My dad's a bit down about me missing Father's Day, but he understands I've got something (weddings and showers coming out of my ears) every other weekend.
Insha'Allah all goes smoothly with the planning, flying, and babysitting (my parents have our son for the 3 days). Ameen.
5 comments:
Good luck, I'm sure it'll all be fine :) First time is always the hardest, but I actually really enjoy flying, especially the shorter ones (I'm the weirdo that actually LIKES take-off, I just love the feeling of being lifted off ground by the powerful engines).
As for the ticket prices, do you use a price comparison site like momondo.com ?
Insha'Allah everything will go well, dear sister! :) It's exciting to fly for the first time! I hope you're going to enjoy it. I always get tears in my eyes when departing and when landing, 'cause I am so amazed of what Allah (swt) has made possible for us to create, masha'Allah :)
Take care and all the best to you!
Have a great time for your first Plane journey!
It is a great experience, I always feel something special to be in the air this way.
Stay well and best wishes.
Youll be ok. I find bringing something like prayer beads helps calm the nerves. You can hold it while taking off.
Don't worry, flying really isn't that scary at all. The most nerve-wracking parts would be take-off and landing, but they go by really quickly. Once you're actually in the air it's "smooth sailing", so to speak. And LK's idea about holding prayer beads is a good idea; making du'a during take-off also helps.
Post a Comment