with this Etsy idea. It started as just wanting to sell Ramadan advent calendars and since then I've taken off on numerous new ideas of things to "sell." In reality, I'm spending a bunch of money on supplies, starting a project, researching a new one, setting the old project aside, starting the new one, setting it aside...in a big repeating chain of events. Currently I have started: 1 crochet baby blanket (almost complete), a recycled crayon project (huge mess...), 1 Ramadan advent calendar (for my son) probably won't even be complete by this Ramadan the rate I'm going, 6 completed crocheted kitchen towels (but all have been given away as gifts), 1 embroidered dishtowel (for myself, has mine and my husband's names in Arabic inside of a heart), 1 Arabic/Islamic stationery set, AND an Islamic cross stitch that so far I've resigned myself from beginning until something else is completed. In addition to all of the above, I have plans for numerous other things that I'd like to try my hand at making, and am continuing my weekly sewing classes.
So now you see why the blog has been a bit neglected. I have seriously taken off with this and RUN, but now I think perhaps I should slow down and focus on just a few things. If I don't, I'll never have enough of any one item in stock to have an actual, reliable store going. :/ I just love learning new things, but then once I've got a VERY basic mastery, I get restless and move on to something else. Oy.
2 comments:
That's all good but it's true sometime it's better focus on 2 or 3 things. After all we have our life to learn new things as well.
Wishing you all the best for your new shop - it looks like you have great ideas!
I suppose this is why mass production took off! It's so time-consuming and expensive to make so many things by hand. Although they seem much nicer, huh? :)
Post a Comment