Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shockwaves

A boy I went to high school with killed himself at 2:00 this morning.  We weren't good friends, but he was close with some of my close friends.  He left a suicide "status" on facebook via his cell phone, and then ran into the highway in front of an oncoming semi. 

What could be going through your mind to make you do such a thing?

This is a small community, hence the title "shockwaves." Everyone's leaving facebook messages "RIP, you're in a better place...etc."

Too bad I don't believe that's true.

9 comments:

Susanne said...

It's always sad to read stuff like this. What makes people so down on life that they would resort to killing themselves? :(

Banana Anne said...

As much as I think suicide is a terrible choice and is definitely not Islamic, only ALLAH can judge people and He will decide what people's ultimate fates are. Maybe He will have Mercy on this person and forgive him, ALLAHu 'Alim.

AlabasterMuslim said...

My Aunt hung herself. I can never understand suicide, its a really selfish thing to do (if you are sane when you do it)...
I don't believe they are in a better place either :(.

ellen557 said...

I think suicide is a physical manifestation of mental illness... hence we can never know what people are thinking when they end their lives. I do though agree with Anne on this that Allah will decide on their fate, we can't say if they're in a better place or not.

I am the only one though thinking that facebook really needs to start being heavily monitored? Just here in Australia we had a girl killed recently by someone she had met through facebook and now a boy is announcing his suicide on the site.

aynzan said...

What a way to die!.Our fate is in Allah's hands..

Snow said...

Salam :)

........................

Narrated Jundub
Allah's Messenger said, "Amongst the nations before you there was a man who got a wound, and growing impatient (with its pain), he took a knife and cut his hand with it and the blood did not stop till he died. Allah said, 'My Slave hurried to bring death upon himself so I have forbidden him (to enter) Paradise.'" [Sahih Bukhari 004.056.669]

........................

yes suicide is forbidden in islam. so, it grieves me but only Allah SWT Knows Best. At best my hopes for their safety is the Forgiveness for sins based on ignorance, only Allah SWT Knows Best. I don't know.

I think I understand the feeling of nothing to hang on to this life. People who don't know, well... I assume they have people who love & cherish them so much. But the opposite of that, is like someone who don't have anyone to love them even if they beg. Anyway even Mary wished she had died & be forgotten [19:22-23]. But suicide is forbidden in Islam. Muslims have faith, do good & persevere.

Do good - it does bring happiness!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Banana Anne & ellen557.

Many times people are disturbed mentally and that's why they commit suicide. In order to be condemned to hell I thought the person had to be in full possession of their mind? ... but anyway, Allah is the only judge.

Snow said...

Please kindly
Passing judgement isn't helping
Saudi girl suicide

Maryam Zahoor... said...

:( That's just too bad and so .. well, depressing actually.. the part that he killed himself is sad, but what he will face after that is the sadder part. :(