Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Prayer Request

Please pray for a speedy/full recovery for my father.  He had emergency eye surgery today because his retina detached.  Everything went well, but he has to take it very easy for the next two weeks so that it heals correctly and his vision can hopefully return to it's previous state.  He has to take two weeks off of work and cannot even read for those two weeks.  (I can't imagine having two weeks off but not being able to read...what would you do?)

My eyes are even worse than his, and my optometrist has been checking my eyes for signs of retina detachment since I was probably 17, when they usually don't check until age 50 at least.  Maybe you should pray for me too while you're at it... :)

5 comments:

Wafa said...

May Allah save your father's eyes and grant him a quick full recovery very soon :)

And may He save you and your eyes, Amen :)

Happy Eid :0

Susanne said...

I'll keep your father in my prayers. How scary!

Maybe he will have to just listen to a lot of music since he can't read! :)

jazain said...

of course!! Allah is the best planner. inshallah all goes well.

caraboska said...

Bismillah. Eid Mubarak! May the Lord grant us greater and greater knowledge of Him and may we remove from our lives all idols, worshiping God and only God in spirit and in truth! And may the Lord grant your father a successful and speedy recovery. Ameen.

Shahirah Elaiza said...

Salam sis, came over to say Eid Mubarak but I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I wish him a speedy recovery!

Hope you're having a wonderful Eid, aside from all the worrying about your dad.