Books I've read recently...
1. The Message: A Translation of the Glorious Qur'an (currently reading)
2. Raising a Bilingual Child - Barbara Zurer Pearson (currently reading)
3. Coffehouse Angel - Suzanne Selfors (currently reading)
4. Don't Judge a Girl By Her Cover - Ally Carter (finished recently)
And I'm in the middle of two more, but I haven't picked them up in a couple of weeks.
Songs or albums I listen to all the time...
1. a variety of Islamic podcasts. I loved the "Inside Islam" series done by Wisconsin Public Radio but I've listened to all but one and they don't do any new broadcasts. : (
2. some nasheeds by Dawud Wharnsby Ali
3. some Sami Yusuf
4. all three of Sherwood's albums
5. a variety of other stuff I've collected over the years. Many of my favorite artists were contemporary Christian artists so I've had to clean out which one's glorify God and which one's focus on the deity of Jesus...
6. public talk radio...meaning, Rush Limbaugh and such. My husband and I listen to it as a type of comedy. The only thing the speakers on this station hate more than Muslims are liberals. It's a bit depressing to realize people actually believe this stuff, but amusing all the same.
7. Jim Brickman
8. anything piano
I love...
1. ALLAH
2.my son
3. my husband
4.the rest of my family
5.reading
6. food
7. languages
Things I've learned this year...
1. Online shopping will be the death of me.
2. Facebook isn't all it's cracked up to be and there are major benefits to privacy.
3. It's the effort and intention that truly matters. (same as Anne)
4. That in the end, any strength I have comes from ALLAH and His Word (same Anne who was the same as Caraboska)
5. I want another child (and my husband doesn't)
6. How to live with FPIES.
7. Graduating from college was a big letdown. Substitute teaching sucks.
New recipes I want to try and make...
kafta kabob
kibbeh
chicken mandi
Favorite online hangouts...
1. Blogs
2. baby center community
3. arabic children's merchandise sites (books, movies, toys in Arabic)
4. youtube
5. amazon
6. clothing websites (islamic and western)
7. facebook
8. yahoo mail
Projects I need to work on...
1. finish reading the Qur'an
2. pray on time
3.increase my Arabic vocabulary
4. start introducing Arabic letters to my son (he plays with them in a puzzle but we haven't worked on recognizing which one's which)
5. finish crocheting the two projects I've started (a cupcake scarf and a baby blanket)
Other people I think should do this:
Anyone who wants to!
1 comment:
I enjoyed your list. It's a nice way to learn more about you.
Post a Comment