Saturday, August 28, 2010

FPIES Update

My son has "passed" his ground beef trial!  With corn, beef, and lamb (along with his previous fruits and few vegetables) his diet is getting to be pretty well rounded!

I'm going to have to face off with dairy soon, but that's too terrifying to think about right now.

Sometimes being an FPIES mom makes you feel crazy.  When they do good, you think you imagined it, and when they do bad, you wonder why no one else believes you. (that it was caused by food)

I feel like a double minority, lol.  I'm an American Muslim (which is apparently not a good thing to be right now with this ridiculous mosque controversy) and I'm the mother of a child with FPIES (which is equivalent to being crazy in the eyes of many medical professionals and family members).  I feel so strongly about both causes that I just want to like proclaim the truth of Islam from all social networking sites, lol, and post FPIES information all over the internet so that it is more well known and diagnosed more often.  I think their belief that it is rare is a load of crap.  I see all of the mother's I talk to online that deal with it every day and I just know that we're a small handful of the people really dealing with this syndrome.  I get so gung ho about FPIES awareness sometimes that I'm ready to go Jehovah's Witness style door to door spreading the news.  (no offense to any JW, I think it's cool that they get out and share, at least that leaves less room for completely baseless stereotypes to be formed.  My husband actually likes it when they visit, lol, good interfaith dialogue.)

That's it, I'll hand out FPIES articles door to door while wearing hijab and spreading dawah!  Two birds with one stone?

Or I'll hide behind my computer and try to change the world from the couch in my pajamas.

2 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

lolll J.dubs hahah use to be one. lol.
But OMG alhamdullilah I'm sooo happy your sons diet is getting better and that he can handle it!! thats sooo great!! for real I'm really happy for you, all praises be to Allah swt. Inshallah the dairy trial will go just as well.
And don't feel crazy, I believe you :)

Banana Anne said...

Off-topic, but I tagged you in my blog at http://thisisnotclever.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-fun-and-update.html