Thursday, August 19, 2010

Disappointed

I did break down and break my fast early today, around 3, so that I could take Tylenol.  It seems like such a waste for two little pills...  Day 3 of my monstrous cold.  I can handle the runny nose, I can even handle the drainage down my throat, but my EARS.  I never get "sick" in my ears so I'm not used to this and am NOT handling it well.  It felt like someone stuck a knife in my eardrum and left it there.  I sat on the couch saying I can wait this out, I can wait this out, I can wait this out...and next thing I know I'm at the cabinet pulling down the Tylenol bottle.  I know it's alright not to fast if you're sick, but I'm still a bit disappointed in myself.  Ramadan is about more than not eating, though, it's about focusing on bettering yourself and your relationship with Allah and I could do none of the above with that piercing pain in my ear.  Insha'Allah tomorrow will be better for me and I will not accumulate any more days to make up. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes!  I think last year on my birthday I posted that I had mastitis, lol.  It's a bit of tradition for me to be sick on special occasions and such.

1 comment:

Wafa said...

Do you know that Allah actually urge us to not fast during sickness, and He is even happier when we use his excuses. He knows you are sick so don't be harsh on yourself, you will fast again after Ramadan.

Hope your ears will feel better soon :)