Why? What did I do to deserve the wrath of the United States Postal Service?
I live in an apartment, that's what. And I have a hunch that they strongly dislike apartment dwellers.
I ordered my son's tuxedo for my sister's wedding online. I got an e-mail saying it was shipped. It never arrived. I decided to track it using the number in the e-mail. It said that it had been delivered by UPS to my local post office (USPS) and that the post office would finish the delivery within one extra business day. Well, by the time I had tracked this it had been a whole week. I started to panic, the wedding is next Saturday. My dad called UPS they said they did in fact deliver it to the post office a week ago and that now we needed to contact the original seller because it had been too long. My dad then called JCPenney and they told him that the package had been sent back to them.
1.) I never received a delivery attempt notice from the USPS. They used to leave those little sticky notes on the apartment door to let me know to pick it up or schedule redelivery.
2.) The woman at JCP said there was no notation that even let her know that they ever even TRIED to deliver it. So it could have just been sent straight back.
3.) She reluctantly agreed to ship it expedited at no extra charge, although I'll still be paying standard shipping twice which was $12. So, $24 to get a $60 tuxedo sent.
And now TODAY. I had a package from amazon coming. I got a text saying it was out for delivery today. I heard the USPS man knocking on the apartment door, but I was rocking my son to sleep and was NOT going to ruin it for a package that I can pick up or could be redelivered. Also, I'd have to put on an abaya and hijab and.... hassle.
So, I didn't answer the door. My son fell asleep. I put him to bed. I opened the door to pick up my notice so that I could reschedule delivery and put the instructions LEAVE AT THE DOOR. But guess what...there was no notice to be found. I KNOW they tried, they knocked three times! But people are BUSY and people can't always answer the door...(showers, naps, etc...) So where's my notice? Is this my punishment for too many unanswered deliveries? Now all of my packages just get returned without my knowing?
Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
That is all.
3 comments:
Girl I feel you. I've been waiting for a package for two days. WHERE IS IT!
Did they not even leave a notice in your mailbox? They're supposed to at least be leaving it in your box. If they're not even leaving it in your box, you need to call your post office and let the manager or whomever know they're not doing that. Otherwise how are you going to know that there's a package waiting for you to be picked up?!!!
also.. people arent always home!! I find that when things get sent via UPS when I was in Canada I had tons of trouble with the delivery
Post a Comment