So we rented a cute little duplex. Mailed the signed lease and security deposit today. Dumped the movers. Found Jameel (the guinea pig) a new home. And packed a few boxes.
What I'm really saying, is we aren't ready at all, and the duplex is ready for us Dec. 27. YIKES!
The moving company gave us a $1900 quote. I guess since we're on the second floor and we're moving 4 hours away...but still, we aren't moving ANY appliances at all, not even a microwave, so you think it would have been a little more reasonable. I told them thanks but no thanks. We'll get some friends to help us for free and load up a Uhaul for $300. Sure we'll have gas costs on top of that, and my husband will be terribly grouchy, but we'll have saved over a thousand dollars, lol.
I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm already missing my family because I'm basically snowed in here just living 30 minutes away. Imagine 4 hours....yuck, yuck.
In other news...it's FREEZING. At 10 o'clock this morning my husband was getting ready to go to work and told me to check the temp. I told him, "why bother, it's glacial..." And true to my word, it was a whopping 3 degrees Fahrenheit. 3 degrees at 10 a.m. Sucks, it does. We have ice on the inside of our windows, lol.
I'm glad I don't live in Alaska. I couldn't stand winter for that long.
3 comments:
Brrrr! I hope your big move goes well!
hope your move goes well isA.
and my husband was complaining about RAIN and "cold" i was like shut it. it's SNOWING and and actually cold. i told him it was -15C and he was like :O :O gotta love the 5-10degree weather :)
good thought on the uhaul, more than likely a lot cheaper :)
December 27th will mark my and my boyfriend's first month together. Just saying.(:
Post a Comment