Friday, February 11, 2011

And that's why she's been my best friend for 23 years. :)

Before I could even bring up the Muslim issue my cousin was already asking me if I needed a full length dress for her wedding.  I was shocked into blurting, "Did you know I'm Muslim?"  And she didn't.  She just thought I was dressing more modestly for the sake of respecting my husband's culture, and she took that into consideration when looking for bridesmaid dresses.

I love her.  Everyone deserves a friend like that.

So after I bluntly spilled the beans, we discussed, she totally didn't act like it was a big deal (which is even better than the "you know I love you anyway"...because that implies a bit of disagreement, her reaction, which was almost a non-reaction, was better than I could have ever expected/imagined from the cousin I was baptized with!)

We went on to discuss wedding plans and potty training and everything was as it should be.  Why have I been scared for over a year and a half??  What have I been putting MYSELF through?

Alhumdullilah!  Alhumdullilah!

Also, day 3 of potty training and NO POTTY ACCIDENTS!!  Poop still needs work as does bedtime, but woohooo!

I'm on a roll.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Al hamdulillah sister..

LK said...

YAY Fabulous news.

Houda said...

:-)

Irie said...

Alhamdulillah! I'm so very happy for you!

Susanne said...

that's great! :)

Rebekka @ Becky's Kaleidoscope said...

Alhamdulillah! That's wonderful, very happy for you!