I wish I had the courage to just say, "Hey, I'm Muslim." As my facebook status. Just get it all out there and done with.
I think I'm going to message some "close" (meaning they were once close in high school) friends and tell them. They aren't religious so I don't think they'll care all that much, anyway. Tomorrow I'm planning on calling my cousin and telling her, seeing as how her wedding is getting closer day by day and this small tidbit of info will impact her choice of bridesmaid dress.
Once the 'important' people know, then maybe I can throw it out there nonchalantly. I'd feel like crap having people like my cousin find out that way, though, since she's my best friend. So, starting tonight, I'm quitting all this ridiculous hiding.
I've had this blog for two years come August and I've just been typing the same thing over and over, "when will my parents know?" (which, they have for some time) "when will my friends know?" "when will I wear hijab?" etc. etc.
It's exhausting and unproductive, all this "wondering" but never acting. I waste so much time going over possible scenarios in my mind.
I'm done with it. done. with. it.
Also, I am scarcely able to read blogs anymore because homemaking, potty training, and graduate school have taken over my life.
Potty training being the most recent, and most aggressive, culprit. :)
1 comment:
ok i have read the too after this too. it's great your cousin was completely fine with it :) and elhamdollah you got the courage to message your friends :)
good luck with your potty training.
and good luck with the rest of your journey
Post a Comment