Thursday, February 10, 2011

Success!

I did it!  I messaged four 'girl' friends from highschool/college and told them that I'm Muslim!  I'm also trying to recruit them to spread 'gossip' (the true kind) to help with my "coming out campaign." 

I also messaged my former best friend (a boy) and apologized for totally snubbing him the summer I was pregnant/started considering Islam.  I am now more comfortable with myself and my beliefs and believe we can be friends, although we obviously won't hang out like we used to because I have a husband and a son and would no longer hang out one on one, anyway.  Regardless, I apologized because he did nothing wrong and I actually do miss him/feel totally guilty for making him feel like crap, etc. etc. 

Yay!  Alhumdullilah!

Here's praying, insha'Allah, that the courage stays through tomorrow and I actually call my cousin and tell her!

I could also use some prayers that potty training is as successful as tonight has been on the Muslim front.  :)

3 comments:

Banana Anne said...

Masha'Allah, Alhamdulillah! I'm so happy for you that you were able to take such a big step! Insha'Allah it will go just as well or better with your cousin.

Unknown said...

Mash'Allah sister..it's tiring not being yourself isn't it? Well done you for making that first step in 'coming out' as a Muslimah..may you continue in strength insha'Allah..

neco said...

so proud of you! i hope everything keeps going as well, insha'allah...including potty training! ;-)