Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cheaper than Alterations

So I have a bit of an online shopping addiction.  Generally I'm not disappointed, but oftentimes clothing doesn't fit as planned.  I had two skirts from east essence that both fit in the waist but were waaaay too long.  I decided that finally I was going to break down and get them hemmed this month.  I hate to spend more $$ on skirts that already cost $$ + shipping, but isn't it better to pay a couple more dollars and actually WEAR the skirts than to have them just taking up closet space.

So anyway, I resolved to get them hemmed, and thought I would wash them first since they still had awkward pleats and such from being packaged for mailing.  I washed and dried them, and TADA, they fit!  They shrunk the PERFECT amount, alhumdullilah!  lol, I was so excited.  I wish I could do the same with bridesmaid dresses and interview suits...

No comments: