http://abcnews.go.com/Health/landon-schultz-eat-foods-fpies-worst-kind-allergies/story?id=13099386
Fallon's managed to get national coverage for FPIES!!! ALHUMDULLILAH!
I tried to get her onto the Ellen show, but Ellen wasn't interested. I'll bet she's kicking herself now. (or not...)
We've had such a struggle ourselves with this disorder but Noah is doing remarkably well. He still can't eat sweet potatoes, oats, rice, green beans, squash, chicken, or eggs but everything else we've tried so far (including milk, soy, and wheat) he's handled just fine. At 3 years we'll retrial rice and oats, his first fails, to see if he's outgrowing it at all. Insha'Allah we will have nothing but good news to share from here on out.
I truly wish we had a medical community helping us with this journey, but they gave us nothing but long car trips and doctor bills. We're on our own, but Noah is growing and his diet is expanding so, of course, Allah knows best and I guess best is mommy's intuition in our case. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment