Monday, May 2, 2011

American Solidarity

On this day I can honestly say I am not proud to be an American.  Treating the murder of someone, the lack of trial, the complete disregard for American law in the death of Osama bin Laden as a cause for celebration makes me ill.  "Hooray!  We can be just as barbaric as he was!  Let's put on a parade with his body on a huge f-ing float!"


Gag. me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said..

Elisa said...

I agree with Amal. . .WELL SAID!

ellen557 said...

+1
When I was watching the news they had coverage of that and most of the people interviewed were saying "It's over, it's over!" - I think that's where the cheering comes from. That being the misguided notion that a man who was never more than an inspiration being killed will stop terrorism. Al Qaeda doesn't have a structure, it's a fluid *movement*. So, yeah, I agree with the celebrating things being a bit weird :S

One thing I thought was interesting is that most of the people in the crowds were probably around your/my age and would have been in their very early teens when 9/11 actually happened. Hm.

LK said...

I think its very much a miss understanding of the american public. There are people who believe his death will actually make this stop. It wont. That group is just going to be madder than before. Its not going to change anything. America isn't magically going to love Islam. America isn't leaving Iraq. So what really changed?

Anonymous said...

So true...........not one better than another.