I've had a blog for less than a month and already I've noticed sister's arguing over differences of opinion. I'm guilty. I admit. These are, of course, our own blogs so we're entitled to write about our own opinions. But when a sister writes her opinion as though it's the only opinion, I usually step in and comment just to make them aware that some people do feel differently, but that makes them no less Muslim.
I'm just writing this as a type of disclaimer...I apologize (in advance to some) if any of my comments make you feel that I'm attacking you, your personal convictions, or your character. I do not EVER mean to make any fellow sister feel that way! Please take any comments from me as just that, my passing opinion on a matter. I mean nothing personally if I differ in opinion from you...I'm sure you're still a great person and I know you are striving to please Allah just as we all are. I am no religious scholar....but remember, neither are you. AND religious scholars differ in opinion all the time, so of course we who are less educated will most likely differ even more.
Just my thoughts. I hope I made sense.
Ma'alsalamah
3 comments:
sister, I dont take your comments as attacks. I know not everyone will nod their heads with my opinion and neither will i with everyone elses opinion. We may disagree but at the end of the day we have one thing in common which makes us rise above all arguements and disagreements. Yes you know what that common ground is :)
Salam 3alaykum.
Thank you! I got worried after posting my second comment that maybe I should have just backed off. I truly do not mean to argue and respect your right to an opinion.
Wa 'Alaikum Asalam
not at all, feel free to write whatever you wish sister. Im really enjoying reading your blog.
Post a Comment