
My son has been super clingy these past 4 days. He's generally very independent, so it's a real change for him.
Also, the past two nights have been just terrible. He has always gotten up to eat at least twice during the night, but these past two he's been up multiple, multiple times. I was too much of a zombie to even count last night but i know the night before he woke me up 6 times before 4 o'clock in the morning. Instead of waking up refreshed, I wake up feeling like I've been hit by a train. He eats every 3 hours...for awhile I got a 7 hour break at night but that stopped again some time ago. But the past two nights he's woken me up sometimes so often as every half hour....I know he's not hungry, I know he's not dirty/wet, and I know he's not constipated.
So he MUST be teething, right? Please? lol, I HAVE to find a reason for this because if there is a clear reason, then there is a clear end, thus, a light at the end of the tunnel. I've broken down and given him tylenol both nights, as well. Last night at 5 am and the night before at 6 am. I don't know if that's proper, but I was running low on patience and high on stress and had to give something a try. He'd calm down in my arms (and be asleep the whole time he's screaming and crying) but then if I'd try to place him back in his crib it started all over again.
Please let this be teething and not just a new trend in his sleeping patterns.
Any advice?
3 comments:
How old is he exactly now? Its possible that teething would make him wake up more. I know that Layla would go through phases of waking up more and then less again.
There are teething tablets that seem to work pretty well. One brand I used with Layla was Hyland's. There's really not a whole lot you can do for them during the night, but the worst of it for each set of teeth usually only lasts a week or 2.
He'll be 9 months in about a week and currently has no teeth. I didn't get any myself until I was 13 months old, though, so I never know when to expect them. The first time I thought he was teething was around 4 months...now it's almost 5 months later and still nothing. I'll have to try those tablets whenever he is teething for certain. The last two nights we've gotten through w/out medication, though, so maybe the worst nights are over...
or not, lol. One can always hope!
my 6mo old is going through this now. he used to sleep 10-12hrs without waking, but the past month gets up 3 times a night! ahh, it's worse than when he was an infant! anyway i think your little one is either teething or going through a growth spurt and needs to eat more at night. if you are nursing it also could be him trying to up your supply. i don't see anything wrong with giving him tylenol...6 times in a night is pretty excessive and he's probably in some pain.
Post a Comment