have one of these a bazillion years ago. My sophomore year of high school probably. I would sit at work typing about my boring days. No one really read it. So I switched to livejournal. Then people stopped reading that one, lol. And then I realized that privacy was nice.
So, this blog will be a bit more candid. Names may be changed to protect the innocent. ;) In fact, my name is not really Nikki. But, I am a Muslim woman, and not some creep stalking Muslimah blogs. I promise!
Anyway, I've gotta post before hubby's out of the shower. I'm not trying to hide anything from him...but i'm not quite ready for him to have access to this. I get very self conscious talking about Islam if I know he's going to read it for fear of saying something wrong. Stupid, I know.
So anyway, welcome to my blog. I'm just your average American university student....with a saudi husband and one beautiful baby boy. :)
2 comments:
welcome to blogger dear sister in islam! Pleace tell me how long have you been muslim? I have been muslim since april. and how old are you, if you don´t mind me asking?
My husband is also shia from iraq, but he hates when people talk about sunni that or shia that.. he says that all are muslims and that, that is what one shoud identify themselves as. Anyway I totaly get what you meant when you said that sunnimuslims can be very well not friendly against shia, I´ve met that too, I even wrote a post about it.
It's hard to put a date on when I became Muslim because it was a very gradual process, one that I am still going through, of course. But I took my shahada in June, although I thought of myself as Muslim before actually taking that 'official' step.
I'm not ashamed of my age, lol, although that will probably change as years pass. ;) I'll be 22 in August. I believe you posted that today is your birthday...so I have no need to ask you. Happy Birthday, sister! May Allah grant you health and happiness.
Post a Comment