This summer I bought something like the following to swim in:

only...well, what i bought matches, but i was just giving you a general idea. Anyway, when I bought the boardshorts and rash gaurd (like seen above) I thought i was being SUPER modest. Really I just ended up wasting a lot of money because I'm already searching for a much more modest suit. I think the super tight ones, even though they claim to be for Muslims, are not for me. I mean, if the suit is completely hugging my body, I honestly think the shorts seen above would be a better choice. For that reason, i have chosen this suit. (seen below) I'm reluctant to buy it, because I already wasted $$ on the suit above and don't want to change my mind again.But here it is, it's from modestkini and is 50 euros, so, um, more in U.S. dollars, lol. I'm used to paying a lot for swimwear, though. And at least with this you're actually getting something for your money! (as opposed to some of the $80 bikinis I've purchased) I also think it could double as a track suit in case I wanted to ride my bike or...jog? Ha! I don't jog. But I do love my bike. Anyway...what do you think? Be honest about how you feel about its modesty, as well as its look. I don't want to buy anything ugly!
6 comments:
I think this is very modest! I also posted about swimwear yesterday! haha!
hmmm i like the looks of it. but what kind of material is it made of? it kinda looks like one that would be very heavy if it got wet :S. and buy me one too. i miss swimming lol jk
That looks great!
I wonder why I haven't seen it before. Swimwear is always a big dilemma for muslim women and not all of us have residential pools -sigh-
But that one looks fantastic! If you do happen to purchase it or see a review, tell us if you can drown in it like Muslim& Proud asked ._.;;
@Muslim and Proud and ModestJustice...here's what the website said about the fabric content: This modest swimsuit is made of 100% polyester (hood is made of lycra fabric). Quick dry, comfortable, smart swimsuit. Can also be used as track suit. Modesty in and out of water.
This modestkini comes in 4 pieces; cap, vest, top and trouser
It says it can be used as a track suit...but I don't know how cool it'd really be in the summer months. :/ I'm not a real 'swimmer', meaning I swim to cool off and have fun, not really to exercise. Therefore, I'm fine not having an aerodynamic suit, lol. I've gone swimming in plain old clothes before so I think I'd do okay in it. I can't bring myself to shell out the money, though, until I'm sure I'd have the courage to wear it in public.
@ Muslim and proud - I went swimming yesterday in the board shorts that I bought. I looked at the fabric content and they were 100% polyester just like this Muslim suit. My brother's swim trunks were also 100% polyester so I'm thinking it -will- work well and might buy it next month (when i have more $$).
Have you checked out Splashgear??
Post a Comment