1. I looove to read and have kept a list of all of the chapter books I've read since the second grade. This list is in a notebook (titled Thick books I've Read, in barely legible second grade script). I currently have 1193 books on the list. One of those books is the Bible, which I've read in full. Insha'Allah the Qur'an will be added soon! I am working my way through it. :)
2. I started taking dance lessons when I was six and continued until I graduated from high school. I was on the middle school and high school dance teams. We competed in 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grades. We were state runners up my 9th grade year. In college I took both a tap and a jazz class. My last recital (the jazz one) I was around 8 weeks pregnant. Now that i have converted I have a hard time thinking about dance. I still like it very much and watch So You Think You Can Dance on TV all the time. It is hard for me to view it as wrong, something my family loved to see me do so much, and something that can show so much emotion. I don't perform in public anymore, but I do dance at home to stay in shape. Also, my sister coaches the middle school team now, so she often asks for my opinion on certain choreography that she's done and we dance around our room together. I know it is possible to love a thing that is bad for you, but this is a struggle for me.
3. I am majoring in Elementary Education and have just one year left! I also have a minor in reading and ESL. Insha'Allah one day I will get a teaching job at an Islamic school where I can send my son.
4. Today I played with Moon Shoes. The ridiculous things seen below. I asked for them many times when I was little, and my mom randomly got them for me probably four years ago (at age 17? lol) My brother has used them before, but for some reason I never did until today. Oh goodness! I certainly wasn't jumping like that girl in the advertisement! I could barely stand up! I fell down so many times, and all the while my son was sitting the grass watching me make a fool of myself. I feel that my husband feels sometimes I am immature (when I do things like this... or my love for all things Muppets), but who says motherhood means I have to lose all of my interests and cease all fun? My brother (who is 16) and I had a lot of fun with these ridiculous shoes today, and I am thankful for the time we had laughing and enjoying one anothers company.
5. It is 2:40 in the morning. My son doesn't go to bed until around midnight so most of my computer time is in the very late/early morning hours.6. I wear a size 5 and 1/2 shoe. Dress shoes often don't come any smaller than a 6. It's a cruel world.
7. I worked the same job from 2004-2008 when my son was born. At that point i quit without ever officially telling them. He was born a month early and I just stopped showing up. Hopefully this doesn't cause big problems when I need a reference in the future...
8. As I've mentioned, my son was born a month early. I was cooking supper for hubby and having weird back pains. Turns out they were contractions. My whole labor was back labor. I went natural, but my labor and delivery was 24 hours so at one point they gave me morpheme to allow to me rest, and later I got four acupuncture shots of saline in my back to relieve the pressure from his head hitting my spine. He was born and I wanted to hold him against me forever but they took him away to clean him while they stitched me up. Then I didn't see him again for OVER 5 HOURS. Boy was I mad. They took him to the NICU because he had breathing problems and didn't even tell me I could visit. i soon figured out the whole NICU schedule, which is good, because he was in there for 12 days. For 12 days I could only visit my son, I couldn't care for him myself. It was just awful to feel that these nurses knew my son better than me. It was also awful to see my son hooked up to so many monitors and things. Mash'Allah he is so strong and healthy now!
9. I taught myself to crochet last summer in anticipation of my son's arrival. I received no crocheted baby blankets when I was born so my grandmother made me one for high school graduation. I didn't want my son feel deprived as I did so I set out to make him a blanket myself. At his baby shower he got 2 crocheted blankets and one knitted one. Nevertheless I completed his blanket....3 days ago. I was done in December, but put off doing the border until July so....procrastination is my middle name. I've also crocheted hubby a scarf. Now I'm working on a cupcake scarf for one of my friends. I think it's just so fun!
10. I scrapbook and am currently 3 years behind. I pretend that I will catch up.
and lucky bonus 11. I am TIRED and don't know why I stayed up so late writing this!
I tag any one of my blog followers who haven't yet completed this.
Tusbah ala Khair
2 comments:
Moon shoes? Lol I have never heard of them nor seen them before! :|
And I don't think dancing is bad. Maybe that's because I'm a Fadlullah girl but I think it just depends on where you're dancing and who it's infront of.
Yes moon shoes, lol. You are really missing out! (i kid) They're like individual trampolines for each of your feet. Apparently you need the fearlessness of a child to actually jump around in them, though. I spent more time falling than standing, it seems.
I don't think dancing in front of women is bad, but nothing in America is segregated by gender so it looks like I won't get much of a chance. :/
Post a Comment