The doctor's visit went well. She felt his stomach and felt no lumps or bumps, also, he didn't seem pained when she pressed on his stomach. These were apparently good signs.
I wasn't happy with her diagnosis (or lack thereof) though. She decided that they must have all been independent episodes most likely viral in nature.
So my son has caught a virus, three times in three weeks, and it only affects him for about 4 hours. AND it only affects him on days when he eats solid foods.
Uh-huh.
"Why does he refuse to eat all solids that he once enjoyed?" (by solids I mean purees, he still has no teeth and shows no interest in table foods)
"He's just very picky."
Uh-huh.
So, I didn't feel like I got much at the doctor's office. Don't get me wrong, I love my son's pediatrician, and she made me feel all sunshine and flowers in her office....
that is, until my son started vomiting again today. Today it was squash and pears...no grain products.
He is basically force fed solids every other day while I'm at school. It's progressed from eating foods and liking them, to forcing him to eat, to forcing him to eat and then watching him throw it all up about 2.5 hours later.
This is a frightening progression that I'd like to put a stop to. The vomiting is becoming more frequent and I'm scared. I don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions?
5 comments:
You're in a hard spot. I know your parents have to feed him something while you're in school. Is there any single food that hasn't made him vomit? If so I would have them feed him that and nothing else. Perhaps try banana or even avocado. I would try that and then maybe introduce another food no more frequently than once a week. Hopefully after a month you'll have at least 4 solids that you can feed him consistently. Its hard if he won't take any milk from a bottle at all. The only things you can really mix the milk with are grains...frustrating.
By 10 mos Layla was getting down on the finger foods but she also had 8 teeth! I would say just start slow and try not to worry too much as long as he's still gaining weight correctly.
This reminds me of those shows on tv...you know, the ones where there is a story about some illness that a person had, and no doctor could figure it out so they had to keep searching and because they were so persistent they finally found an answer. That's why last time i said don't be completely satisfied with what the doctor tells you just in case (but you don't like what the doctor says anyway). How about you go on google and type in the problem he is having, see if anything pops up about other people with the same issue. Inshallah he gets better, poor baby. Please keep us all updated, and know you and your son are in my duas!
Hi, Nikki. I replied to your comment on my blog. Thanks for visiting.
He needs some serious allergy testing if he hasn't had it yet. This sounds so similar to my goddaughter. She turned out to be allergic to almost everything, things no one the planet is allergic to. But a year later, she's doing fine (though stressful on the mom with all the stuff she can't have.) Best of luck.
I second the allergy testing. Also, try gi.org? I'll keep you in my duas :/
Post a Comment