So, it's 1:45 on Sunday afternoon and we're still at the hospital. When I took him into the ER Friday I thought we'd be out within a few hours. When they had us spend Friday night for "observation" I thought we'd be out early Saturday morning.
And now, I'm not sure we're ever leaving.
He hasn't vomitted since Friday, but has horrible diarrhea so they've still got him on an iv so that he doesn't get dehydrated again. Yesterday he perked up a few times for around 5 minutes or so, but the rest of the day he just laid around and wanted rocked. I rocked him so long that I watched 8 episodes of Little Mosque on the Prairie via youtube.
They haven't mentioned the EKG that was sent to Riley Children's Hospital since Friday...? The influenza A and B tests came back negative. His 'stool' came back positive for blood and also infection. They think he has an infection in his intestines but will not know until tomorrow. They've got him on antibiotics anyway to treat the 'probable' cause, I guess.
All these tests have brought a new problem to light, though. His hemoglobin levels are scary low, and his red blood cells are smaller than they should be. They think he could have thalassemia. I hope and pray that that's not the case, but at the same time, I WANT a diagnosis. If it's not thalassemia (which I'm not sure how it could be seeing as how my husband and I would both have to be carriers and neither of us think that we are) then I want further tests or something because people's blood cells aren't misshapen for no reason.
If it is thalassemia, depending on the severity he could need lifelong blood transfusions and iron therapy. If not treated a whole host of other problems could result (bone deformities, splee removal, heart problems, etc.)
This morning he was happy and active (as active as one can be when attached to an iv drip via the head), although he still has dreadful diarhhea. He's napping now. I'll be missing school tomorrow. It's funny how I can't imagine missing school most days but when somehting like this comes up there's not even a question of where I'll be come Monday.
Continue to keep our family in your prayers (dua's). I want my baby back home where he belongs.
7 comments:
i am hun. Ihave been in a hospital when my son was 3 months old not knowing if he was going to make it. I will keep you in my duas. May Allah swt give your son complete shifaa. ameen
Assalaamu alaikum,
That must be very scary not knowing exactly what is wrong. Insha'Allah I will keep making du'a for him and for you. Remembering that ALLAH is our Protecting Friend and loves to hear our du'as always makes me feel better during times of distress. Give your son a kiss for me, and hugs to you from one of your sisters in Massachusetts. <3 <3 <3
Such a scary place to be in. I'll pray for you to have some answers soon and that your relationships with your family and hubby are strengthened through this as well as for your son's immediate healing.
It breaks my heart...I wish I could do more.
I pray that everything is gonna be ok for u n ur fmly. Be patient sister. Allah is with u.
I have made dua for your son in the past, mad dua for him now, and will continue making dua for him [and your family]. You are right, your place is with your son, school can wait.
Aww, I pray your sweet baby is OK soon. Hugs!
May Allah swt protect your son and insha'allah your family!
Subahan'Allah, of course you're in my prayers and hopefully it is nothing life-threatening.
Post a Comment