There seem to be a variety of blog posts on weight presently. It's healthy for sister's to want to lose weight, but it's unhealthy to judge yourself based on this quality alone. I've always been happy with my weight. Since my almost 1 year old is still living off of almost only breastmilk, though, I've lost probably 15 lbs and am underweight. My clothes hang off of me, and people are always commenting about how thin I am. They look at me with pity like I am anorexic. I eat and eat, but apparently not enough for two. I am on the opposite end of the weight spectrum, I am trying to GAIN weight.
22 yrs old. 5'2". 93 lbs.
Unhealthy. :/ And this current stress really doesn't help. I haven't had an appetite since Wednesday.
7 comments:
ah sister don't beat yourself up about it and be careful about the duas you may be making. May Allah swt make you healthier ameen.
I also never had a weight issue before and I starting to be proactive at the moment because with age metabolisms change. I don't want to make the changes once I HAVE to. I rather start eating healthier and start a consistent exercise regiment.
I know how you feel.
I am 5'4, 110 Ibs. I hate being in a conversation with a group of women where everything revolves around people feeling fat and talking about it. They are very boring conversationalists and extremely self absorbed.
Awww :( Maybe try to eat things high in fat, like avocados (try lots of guacamole!) and nuts.
I tend to not eat when I'm stressed too. Aynur's suggestion is good. I would also try to eat more protein once your appetite comes back. Hang in there!
Inshallah you will become more healthy!
But don't listen to what people say. If you've always been thin, then chances are its just how your made, screw the body mass index.
@ Stacy - I think you probably hit it right on the nose. I tend to not eat much meat (just because it's easier to grab a bowl of cereal or boil some pasta) and it's very possible that I'm not getting enough protein. I eat far too many empty calories and not enough food with substance.
Don't worry. It will probably get a lot easier when you are together with you hubby and son and can enjoy cooking for them :-)
Just hang in there for a few more mos. InshaAllah.
Post a Comment