Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Surprise, surprise.

State to cut public school funding by $300M.

Headline of today's paper.


I'm certainly not surprised. This has been happening yearly, it seems.



Finding a job is going to suck.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Maybe this is God's sign for you to move to Saudi Arabia to teach. :) Isn't that where your husband is from. *thinking*

No really, that does stink. I'm really surprised. Most places bend over backwards to fund public schools.

Nikki said...

lol, My husband's mother would absolutely LOVE for that to happen. And I do have my TESL certificate so it's quite possible....

My father would have a heart attack, though. Not to mention I think I'd be rather unhappy losing a great deal of my independence. (relying on a driver, living in an apartment above the inlaws, etc.)

Maybe they're bending over backwards in your state, lol, but here it seems our schools are bending over backwards to stay fully staffed and open. My sister has been a full time teacher for three years. Her job has been cut at the end of both of the past years. I don't think that will happen again because now she is -the- special education teacher at a school, not one of many like she was in the past.

AlabasterMuslim said...

lol @ the above comment. My mother teaches in Saudi. The only reason she is surviving there are her friends. They'll treat you better because your husband is from Saudi...but the extreme lack of independence makes it really hard to cope there.
I still love Saudi though. hehe

S. H. said...

hi come and check my new magazine at http://www.thepurplesharepoint.blogspot.com