I had a mosque to call home. I've never even been in a masjid. There are some decent ones about 1.5 hours from here, I think.
Where we're moving to, the closest mosques are over 2 hours away. There's definitely a church on every street corner, though...
I'm not complaining about the churches. Just making a comparison. Why can't it be as easy to find a mosque that "fits you" as it is to find an appropriate church? I'd be lucky to have any mosque at all, let alone one that has similar progressive ideas as I do.
Insha'Allah one day it will be easier to worship as a Muslim in the United States.
3 comments:
I've got to drive about 2.5 hours to get to a mosque and always have. It definitely pays to go at least once sis, if at least to be around other muslim sisters.
Aw Im sorry sweety. Mosques tend to be in more metropolitan areas with lots of different cultures. If you move to say the midwest or south it becomes much more difficult. Although I live in the town with the highest concentration of churches per square mile and we have mosque a few blocks away. So you never know LOL
InshAllah it will get easier to find masjids. I am lucky to have several within a 30 minute radius, and 2 are thankfully masjids that cater to my belief. It can be hard though even then, just because I am a convert and it means I'm always left out for the most part. I agree with Ellen though... it's worth it once in awhile just to be around others and inshAllah learn something!
Post a Comment