Sorry, all. I just kind of got burnt out of blogger and really basically all social networking mediums. I'm sure I'll be back sometime, I tend to go through stages like that. I still do check periodically, but not daily by any means.
Life has got me stressed. And rehashing the stress on here doesn't make it go away, just makes more people aware of it. Moving/hubby's grad school is the main stressor currently, although there are other crazy issues that make me feel like my life is a very strange/almost movie-like at times. I'll not elaborate. And I am fine. I'm happy with my marriage, content with Islam, etc. etc. There's just times when you look at your life and think, really? this is happening to me/someone I know? And you are 100% flabbergasted.
Since I can't do anything to help the stressful situations aside from pray, I choose to not think about them. I've been reading a lot of novels lately. For some reason I find it much easier to be caught up in some fictional characters stressful life than my own (and their lives are generally far worse than mine). I borrowed seven books from my brother today. Since we're moving my book suppliers (brother and sister, we borrow back and forth) are going to be too far away so I took a bunch and am hoping to finish them all before the move (which I guess will be in late December).
We don't know where we're moving in late December. That's part of the stress. We can't look for an apartment because we don't even know which state we'll be in. Hubby can't file his scholarship paperwork because he doesn't know what university he'll be at. He's afraid to pay for the filing of his immigration paperwork because he fears if the scholarship doesn't go through in time he'll have to go back home and the immigration process will come to a halt.
That's a whole lot of unknowns. And that barely scratches the surface. I pray that the admission letter we're waiting for comes tomorrow....we're working on borrowed time, as is.
I realize this was a big jumble of thoughts. That's why I haven't been posting. I can't slow my mind down enough to write something coherent.
4 comments:
Feel better hon.
BTW your family is never too far away to share books. I mail books back and forth with a friend of mine half way across the country. Its still cheaper than buying them and its lots of fun to get a package now and then :)
I reallllyyy hope things get straightened out for you, inshallah. Usually when things get like this I notice that everything tends to just fall into place. I hope that's how it'll be! :)
Thanks for the update. It's tough when you have a lot on your mind. For now, enjoy some good reading. :)
I'm glad you updated. I will make dua for you and your family that all will work out for the best. It's definitely so hard when there are unknowns all over the place...
Post a Comment