Saturday, January 29, 2011

Life

I'm still here.  I hadn't even checked blogger for over a week it seems.  It's hard to catch up with everyone after taking a break...

I'm enjoying our new home much more than I thought I would.  4 and a half hours doesn't seem so far.  I'm currently at my parents house.  We're "home" again, this time for immigration business.  I actually wasn't ready to come back home to visit this weekend.  It's a feeling I didn't think I'd have.  I apparently like the additional independence that comes with living further away.  We talk to my parents on skype basically every night, but I don't mind not being at every single event that I was previously expected to go to.  Yes, family events can be fun, but yes, I need time to nurture my own small family of my husband, son, and self.  The move has really helped our marriage.  With my family and his friends hours away we have more time to focus on one another.  We had gotten into a routine where we almost ignored one another, and it took a serious change of scenery for us to start to change that. 

I felt a great peace when I was praying/making du'a last night.  It was the first time in a long time that I've felt almost a literal embrace from God.  I'm at peace with myself and Islam and hope to make some serious strides forward.

I've become a bit of a hermit, and sadly, I don't mind.  In our new house I have a card table to do puzzles, a piano, a son, a husband, and one graduate class.  That is enough to keep me occupied.  I didn't leave the house for almost a week.  Even now that I'm home, I posted on facebook about it/telling friends in case they wanted to get together.  Only one friend replied, which is expected because the others are also out of town or we've fallen out of touch...but even that one friend, used to be the best of the best, I didn't respond.  I didn't really want to get together.

It's weird.  Because I'm not depressed, I'm not withdrawing to go sulk...I just kind of like my comfortable little routine. 

We'll see.  I know I need friends in our new town.  Story Time at the library next Wednesday is supposed to get me an "in" with some moms...I hope my hijab doesn't turn them off.  Despite the excellent company of my piano, I could use some girly companionship and my son could definitely use a playmate.

2 comments:

Muslim&Proud said...

if you need any help with immigration dont hesitate to ask me. you'll be doing a little bit of a different process but i'm still willing to lend a hand

Anonymous said...

Salaam alaikum sister :),i got your post on my blog about the condition i have and it is the same as yours the other name for it is tyiezes syndrome the inflamation of the cartilage,and i thought i was the only one but i have found someone with it aswell,everytime i tell someone about it they are like i have never heard of it,and nonone realises how painfull it is i basically live on painkillers i hate :( but inshAllah it will get better mashAllah i used to be worse feel like i was having a heart attack and couldnt move i dont get them that bad now but at the start i did i have it for about nearly 3 years now i think when i was diaognised with it,and i know what you mean when praying im the same,i get a sharp pain in my chest when prostrating or my breathing goes bad,cant believe i found someone with the same im so shocked :0 inshAllah you are well sweety love you blog lots luv