I am in love with this whole thing, but my husband thinks it's too "showy" for normal wear. What do you think? I'm the girl who wore dresses and skirts to school just because I liked to feel pretty and feminine, lol, so to me this is perfectly acceptable to wear to like, the mall. He seems to think it's more for special occasions.
Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings. If I'd look overdressed please let me know before I waste my money. :)

5 comments:
it's lovely! it is too showy for certain regions in ksa but in terms of where we live, it's definitely fine! i'm not a hood person myself *but* it's really, really gorgeous!
I love it!
The thing is, I would buy this abaya thinking I would wear it all the time, but then decide not to wear it every time I intend to because I feel to showy. It would sit in the closet and get worn 2x a year, but that's just what i do :-)
seriously-on me i wouldn't like it. now if it was blue or another color, it'd be a more dressy one but not my nice one. i have an eid abaya and it's pretty and simple but elegant. i think this one is a ok for normal where. the ones i wear our... one pure pink, another pure purple anouther pure blue and then 4 black- 1 with pink trimming, then blue, turqouse, and silver. i want to get an abaya and was going to post it soon. i'll do it now. the problem is the cost lol.
good luck :)
I think that it could go both ways. It's a bit dressy, so you could wear it to gatherings, but it's not so dressy that you'll look ridiculous wearing it to the mall. To dress it down, though, I'd leave the hood down and pair it with a casual-looking hijab, like a plain red pashmina.
@ Stacy - exactly! I do the same. It's just, I'm really not that attracted to the plain abayas that are more functional, lol. I like 'pretty' things...
-----------------------
I hate to spend more money on another abaya I won't wear. But I've been drooling over this one for weeks.
There are two that I like, one is a bit more toned down. I'll probably buy only that one since we're hopefully going to Dubai this summer and Ellen pointed out that I'd probably buy way too much there. :)
Also, I'm waiting for Ellen to get some new stock at AFD and if there's a shoulder abaya my size I'll likely be purchasing one of those, as well.
I guess I'll just say my goodbyes to this lovely number. The hood was what really made me like it, yet I probably wouldn't keep the hood up much anyway because I wear shaylas not al-amiras.
Okay, okay, okay. Enough over analyzing. I'll just put the debit card away, lol.
Thanks for your help ladies.
Post a Comment