I had the courage to post this as my profile picture on facebook. I hate being represented by random pictures of pets, slippers, and current events. I want to say, "hey, this is who I am now...love it or shove it."
But I don't have the courage. :( Soon, insha'Allah.
10 comments:
mashallah sis.. this is you? Masha'Allah!
Just stopped by through 'Ammena's Gori Adventures' and found this post!
Though I am not Muslim, just wanted to say you look precious in Hijab!!
:D
Masha'Allah, you are beautiful!! I hope you will soon be able to do what your hearts wants. I just hope I will soon start wearing hijab outside the 5 daily prayers! You are much stronger than me :)
You look beautiful, mashaAllah :)
It's a big step, to put pictures with hijaab on facebook, so everyone you know can see them. I understand that it's hard. May Allah swt make it easy for you, and bless you with many good things, ameen!
Aw you're adorable! love that color.
Why are you afraid to post it?
Just do it! Great photo! :)
Thanks everyone! You're all really too kind. And yes, that's me. I was actually just going to the park with my son...but I spend so many days just sitting at home that I use every outing (even the post office) as an excuse to dress up.
I'm no longer afraid of my friends, or even my young family members...it's just the adults on my friends list, who would go off gossiping/questioning my parents. I don't want to put my parents in that position without at least letting them know first. Insha'Allah I will continue to pray for the courage to wear hijab with them in our hometown this summer and then posting photos like this will be easy peasy. Those of you who are my facebook friends...this is me! Not those Miss Piggy slippers, lol, although those were on my feet. :)
you look adorable, mashallah! i know how you feel, though; i'm still working up the courage to post a picture of me in hijab on facebook. :-(
What about working up to it? I post piccies of myself, but in groups of hijabies or very dark ones where you can't really see my face. This is more so for privacy but it still helps - my friends know I'm wearing hijab but it's also a little less 'there' than a full on profile pic?
<3
Post a Comment