but not totally in the clear...
They never found out what was wrong. And he did have diarhhea again today at home. :/ BUT, luckily my dad finally got someone to listen!
My son's nurse yesterday got the -whooooole- story from my dad. I at first thought he was being a bit too windy, but he managed to get our point across! The nurse realized that this is NOT in fact a recurring virus and scheduled an upper GI for us tomorrow. From there we go to the pediatrician who will refer us to wherever we'd like! (at least that's what we were told...)
We plan on getting referred to Riley Children's Hospital to see a pediatric gastrointerologist. The pediatric GI will do an evaluation and send us on to an allergist if he thinks it necessary or prescribe the treatment himself if it's within he realm.
I finally feel like we're getting somewhere! Granted, all these referrals are going to take awhile what with scheduling around my schedule since Riley is close to 2 hours away.
I think it's FPIES more than ever now. (remember, my diagnosis from the first post on this issue?) I've been talking to other FPIES moms on baby center community and they've been very helpful. I just want a real diagnosis so that a) we can know how to plan for his diet and b) people will stop acting like I'm crazy or making it up.
Alhumdullilah my baby is home! Thank you for all of your prayers!
5 comments:
alhamdullilah, i'm so happy things are inshallah on a roll! give your son a kiss on the cheek for me :*!
Your son and your family are always in my duas!
I hope this ends up being something that isn't too hard to manage and who knows, it seems to bringing your family closer together. I hope you get some answers soon so you don't lose focus on your classes.
God bless khayr inshaAllah Nikki and family.
Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah! This is such great news! Insha'Allah he will continue to get better.
Alhamdullilah!!
Insha'Allah things will get better from here on out.
Salaams Dear:
I ask Allah (swt), Lord of the Throne, to cure your baby/Ameen!
(Glad you found your ring, lool)
Post a Comment