Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wonderful Summer Blazer

So, the picture totally doesn't do it justice, but I bought this Miley Cyrus (yes, Miley Cyrus) blazer in both black and white from Wal-Mart yesterday.  They were $14.99 a piece and are a jersey knit which is absolutely wonderful for summer, although the black I probably won't wear much till fall.



Last summer I did a lot of "under layering," i.e. a tight-ish shirt underneath a short sleeved shirt.  This summer I'm trying to stay cooler and have found that either just wide sleeved long sleeve cotton tunics (like the ones from East Essence, I have 3) or a short sleeved or tank top shirt underneath a cotton cardigan keep you much cooler than the tight "Egyptian" layered look.  I'll save those looks for fall, as well.  The 90+ degree heat is just too stifling.  I bought a medium, so 1 size larger than I would normally buy so that I could button it loosely.  It is also long enough that it just covers my rear.  Some may feel comfortable with it only over a skirt, but I think I will wear it with dress pants to teach.


In other completely unrelated news, my son is here eating CORN CHEX.  I am so excited!  We are on day 6 of our corn trial which is his first grain, since rice and oats both make him violently ill.    Corn opens up SO MANY more possibilities and I am so excited that he has almost "passed."  They even sell corn pasta online, so I could make him macaroni! (with tomato sauce, he can't have dairy yet).  Hoorah!  Also, he has passed lamb and 4 days of fish(tilapia).  We aren't totally out of the woods yet but things are really looking up.  :)

2 comments:

Stacy K. said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that your son might be able to eat at least one grain!
You'll have to learn to cook tamales and use corn tortillas to make things.
I agree with you on the loose layering thing. It is 100% better than the tight layered look. It just makes me sweat a lot and feel gross. I'd rather wear a loose black abaya than layers of white shirts any day.

Susanne said...

So glad to hear the good news about your son! :)

Cute blazer!