Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fail

We've been trialing foods regularly now and had been having such success that I allowed myself to believe my son was growing out of his FPIES.

Now, 7 months since his last reaction, it happens again.  Chicken is apparently a no no.

My son cannot eat rice, oats, squash, green beans, sweet potatoes, and now chicken.




I cried, not because I was scared, his reaction was minor compared to the past, and I feel prepared to handle them now, but because it was like reality slapped me in the face.  Here I was imagining retrialing past fails and eating cake on his birthday and here comes FPIES all up in my face like "I'm still he-ere."

:(   It's not like he ever had chicken before so the fact that he failed doesn't really change our lives at much/at all.  It's just the fact that I dared to think it could all be over soon.

Alhumdullilah he is a happy, healthy boy and this disorder/syndrome will not get the best of us.

1 comment:

LK said...

lots of prayers coming your way dear. May God give you strength.