7:30 am - My father wakes me up saying, "Didn't you set your clock for 7?"" Grrr....I must've turned it off in my sleep again!
8:00 am - I look decent enough to call myself 'ready.' And start to feed my son.
8:25 am - I rush out the door as my mom finishes up my son's diaper change
9:00 am - ELED 394 Teaching Elementary School Math Fun class, difficult pre-test. Super enthusiastic teacher...I think I'd share her enthusiasm better a bit later in the day, though.
10:00 am - ELED 398 Corrective Reading in the Classroom Another fun class, another SUPER enthusiastic teacher. I love this professor. She's my advisor so knows quite a bit about my personal life. She bragged to the class about how adorable my son is and that's always welcome, lol. Our homework is to decorate a box w/pictures of our family, friends, and things that are important to us. I love ELED homework! So glad I'm not going for business. *shudder*
11:00 am - ENG 239 Depictions of Masculinity in Literature and Film. Need I say more? The most uncomfortable experience in college thus far. My husband's in there w/me and it's so awkward to be in a room full of people throwing around words like 'cock' 'whore' 'pimp' and talking about sexual conquests like they're a good thing!
12:00 noon - ARBC 101 Elementary Arabic. Hooray! My teacher, Layla, is SUCH a sweetheart. I've yet to figure out what country she is from but I'm sure she'll share more as the semester progresses. It's her first time teaching (she just graduated in Jan.) so that makes me a bit nervous because I -really- want to learn something. All teachers have to have a first year, though.
1:40 pm - Arrive at home to the utter delight of my son! He loves me!
Aside from the above synopsis...I also have SOC 100 online, ELED 394/398L (lab...this is my practicum in an actual elementary school) starting in October, and ELED 485 which meets on Thursday nights at 5. AND I have to tutor someone for 485, as well.
Busy, busy, busy!!
I think I secretly love school :/
3 comments:
I think I secretly miss being in school :)
1 day down, many more to go.
I miss school, too...I think.
Your day sounds exciting! Love that you are learning Arabic. :D
@ Stacy...Glad I'm not the only school lover. Despite how lame it sounds, learning really is fun when it's something you're interested in. :)
@ Susanne - I'm glad I changed my schedule to fit Arabic in since it's my last chance. It's a little slow paced at the moment, but hopefully it'll pick up speed. I'd like at least a foundation by the end of the course. I'm going to be a teacher, so I wonder if i'll ever get to really miss school, lol.
Post a Comment