I bought 5 textbooks off of half.com/ebay for a class that I ended up dropping before school even began.
I didn't want to waste my money. So I put the books up for sale on half.com. Someone bought four of the five.
I was given his address, and it was the same town that hubby lives in/our university is in.
I proceeded to e-mail the man, asking if he was a student at my university, and asking if he needed the books for LLL 250. (the course I dropped)
Turned out, yes on both counts, so instead of shipping him his books I am personally dropping them off at his class. AND giving him a check to reimburse what they charged him for shipping.
He got quite the deal, he did.
I've never sold anything online before. For some reason, I don't think this is how it usually works.
4 comments:
Thats really funny. Made it easier on both of you.
LoL, no that is probably not how it usually works :P
lol I don't think so either.
Maybe you should skip giving him a check for reimbursement if you wanted to make a profit. If not, then by all means help a student out :D
that's great :)... never heard it quite working out so well
Post a Comment