Each day, that is. This is more of a survey than a post. I know each country's hours of daylight are different due to the different seasons and such, so was hoping to get a grasp of the various times.
I had many sisters comment on my post about fasting. I mentioned my milk depleting noticeably around 6 or 7 o'clock...now I've come to find that some are allowed to break the fast before that (5:30 in Australia? correct me if I'm wrong). In my part of America, fasting is from 5:40 in the morning until almost 9:00 at night. Obviously those times will gradually change as the month progresses.
I fasted w/out food or drink for almost 16 hours on Saturday. I'm not bragging, lol, why would I brag when that was the only day that I fasted? I'm just a little in awe of myself. As I said, I had never ever fasted before....it's a good thing I didn't realize people in other countries had easier fasts until AFTER the fact, lol. That probably would've contributed to my whininess.
14 comments:
5:20am-8:20pm...im in the US as well
4:45am - 6:20pm here in sri lanka :)
17 hours in the uk ends around 8:10 tonight
salaamz
Here its about the same as the mrs. times. Its a long day isn't it.
I was wondering the same too how long each of us are fasting - If you don't mind I'll post on my blog too
4:42am - 8:13pm Canada (Ontario)
4:45am to 7:42pm here in the midwest of America.
It is long.. Countries near the equator usually fast the same times no matter what month since they don't really have daylight savings time or anything like that.
UK 340am-8pm :D
4:45-7:40 in the Mid-Atlantic region. Australia has a short fasting day since it's winter there right now; meanwhile, places close to the Equator (e.g. Malaysia, Kenya) have days that remain basically the same length all year round.
17 hours in Scotland. I did a post like this and most of us in the northern hemisphere seemed to have roughly the same length.
fajr comes in at 5:50-something
and i break fast at 7:48.
*USA*
Somewhere around 4:30 to somewhere around 5:30 - 6 ^_^ it's a small day compared to what you did!
That's in Australia.
Salam
here in the Sweden its from 3.47 am to 20.50 (8.5 pm)
err 5:15 - 7:50
Sort of like the mrs. so it's about 14 hours? :D
Looks like I should've visited Australia or Sri Lanka this Ramadan, lol. Just kidding...eventually it will be Ramadan in winter here...it'll be quite a few years, but insha'Allah I'll still be around to participate!
Post a Comment