



But these are gorgeous! I especially like the middle two. Hubby (saudi) even says I can get by in the third one (with black hijab, instead of turquoise) in KSA when we visit (eventually...). Sooo, that gives me a reason to purchase, right? They're all from East Essence and each around $30. I could even see myself wearing the second one to work. (teaching)
I hate spending money on something I'm unsure if I'll wear, though. Especially now while I'm still not 'out' as a Muslim to my family...
ooo they're pretty, though.
7 comments:
They are so pretty!! I'm not really that iffy about buying things online unless its from another country. So when are you gonna tell your family you are muslim ;).
I'm thinking I'll probably tell my family sometime sept. - nov., so 1) it can be out of the way before Christmas and 2) I can start planning a halal wedding ceremony.
But then again maybe i should wait for after Christmas...
Ha. I obviously have no clue when I'll spill the beans. :)
Those ARE very pretty! I bet you will look nice in one of them. :)
I ordered the bottom two plus two more abayas from Eastessence.com a month ago or so. Not happy at all. The black with turquoise is the only wearable. The others were horrible, arms too short, shoulders too broad, BAD material, and too wide over chest/too tight over hips. Seems like they don't make the abayat A-shaped like "normal" abaya companies would do, but rather straigh. The top I ordered arrived in the wrong color just to add to it.
The clothing looks beautiful in the pictures, and the price is tempting. Just remember that when something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Sorry for taking up space, just feel like warning you against the company....
@ Susanne - thank you!
@Mishmisha - really? That surprises me because I've only read excellent reviews from other Muslim bloggers. Thanks for the warning...I may be kicking myself afterwards, but I think I'll try anyway. Just one at a time, though, until i feel I can trust them. If they make them straight that's honestly probably better for me. I'm built a bit like a pole...or well, a pole with breasts. I have NO hips so maybe it'll work out for short, stickly me.
Everyone has to be in black Abaya in KSA ! So I would consider you buy a black one, when you eventually get settled in your new home..
www.aynzan.blogspot.com
I would say don't worry about what your family will think and just wear the abaya. If it creates conflict though, maybe you should wait.
I have worn abaya as a Christian around my Christian family and they actually think its kind of cool. I gave all my abayas away though, so I need to get a new 1 or 2.
Post a Comment