Friday, August 28, 2009

In Sickness and In Health

My son is sick. He's thrown up 4 times just since I've been home from school.

It breaks my heart to see him so weak and uncomfortable.



Insh'Allah he will get through this quickly and without dehydration.




I think sickness is sometimes harder on the parents than the children. You should see how upset my husband is. When the doctor said he didn't need to be seen, hubby was ready to head to the emergency room. Talking him out of it was no picnic, let me tell you.

I hate seeing our son sick just as much as hubby does, but I know how medical assistance works in the U.S....thus, I know that you don't go to the emergency room unless it is REALLY an emergency.

Waitng for hubby to get home with the pedialyte. Our son won't eat so we've got to keep him hydrated somehow.



I've got homework to do...but who can concentrate?

9 comments:

NoR said...

salaam to you,

im sorry to hear abt yr son. I can very much relate abt how u and yr hubby feel.

Hope he gets well soon. u take care too.

Stacy K. said...

Sorry :( I'll pray for him. I was so scared the first time Layla got sick.

Keep trying to get him to nurse. Your body will actually make antibodies to the virus or bacteria that made him sick and those will be passed through him in the milk so that he gets better quicker. It also digests quickly, so if he holds any down at all it will help prevent dehydration.

Anonymous said...

InshaAllah your son will drink the pedialyte. When my girls are sick and throwing up they won't drink even that. :(

AlabasterMuslim said...

Inshallah i hope your son gets better! That must be like torture, I feel so bad for you AND your son! When my lil brother or sister are sick it eats me up inside, knowing they are suffering but i can't help. and they themselves are so helpless :(. Inshallah he will become better soon, AMEEN!

Anonymous said...

I think the important think to remember is that children get sick all the time. I know my aunt always gives my young cousins plenty of water when they are ill. Also if they will eat anything she'll give it to them to try. Also depending on the age of your son, I know, again from my cousins that they would drink easier when they were ill from a bottle. Again water.
I hope your son gets better son.
Liz

Layalei_aka_Lulu said...

Salamat albo!! Inshallah he'll get better.
I totally agree, having a sick kid is worse than being sick yourself. It was especially hard the first time my little Amalia got sick with the flu. When she wasn't asleep with a high fever, puking, or coughing, she was crying. It tore me and Colton apart.

My life my story said...

insha´allah your son will get better

Susanne said...

Poor baby. I hope he is MUCH better now!

Nikki said...

Thank you all!!! He started feeling better on Tuesday and is now back to normal as far as I can tell. :) I ended up getting sick just as he was getting better, though, (of course), but I'm almost over it myself.

Alhumdulillah!